Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Artist's statement

     To call one an artist is to claim that they create art. To call me an artist is what many people do. I do not call myself an artist though. I call myself a conveyer. A communicator. An entertainer. A nobody. A somebody. I do and I don't. For me, I make films and the films make me. So if the films make me, can you call the films artists? In the long run, the films I make have more of an impact on me, than I do on them. I mold them and make them in the beginning. Then, they are done. But each film that I make, helps mold me. They open my eyes, give me experience, and make me who I am. They have an everlasting effect on me. They are alive.

      I have visions, stories, and ideas that suddenly come to me. I could force myself to make a film, but those are the ones that have no passion. The visions that burst into my brain out of nowhere, unravel themselves without me putting effort into them. Those are the ones that I have a fiery and uncontrollable drive to convey. My OCD kicks in, and BAM, I go all out and create my film.

     My visions are not art. They are not films. They are an alternate reality in which my soul lives in. They are where anything is possible. My playground. I just like to make them visible for others to see and enjoy my own world. I am not an Artist. I am not a creator. I am a liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment